The Ultimate Guide to Winning Your Battle Against Body Odors
DON’T SWEAT IT! People do love gathering around and admiring the sight of the Davis Fall in Pokhara, not your arm pits. It’s natural to sweat in the summer, but you can’t go ahead and just ignore it. Wet patches under your arms attract a lot of attention, and not the good kind. Then there’s the stench. If people can smell you before they see you, that’s a problem. Thankfully, there’s a range of off the counter products that can help with your perspiration and body odor. Here are a few choices that promise to keep you dry and stench free.
ANTIPERSPIRANT VS. DEODORANT
What’s the main difference?
The main difference between these two is that the former reduces the amount of sweat while the latter cuts down on what causes the smell from the stink.
How do they work?
Deodorants work by targeting the bacteria that hang around your armpits and do nothing to reduce the amount of sweat. Antiperspirants reduce the amount of sweat which eventually decreases the amount of smell. Without any sweat, the bacteria found in abundance in your underarms don’t have anything to eat. They do this through ingredients like aluminum and zirconium, which plug the sweat glands found in your underarms
Are antiperspirants safe for me?
There have been many stories making the rounds, claiming that antiperspirants cause breast cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. But research has shown that the rumors don’t stand up to the science.
SPRAY VS. ROLL-ONS
Choosing between a spray and roll-on is mostly about your personal preference. Here are a few things that might help in making your choice.
- Dries faster than a roll-on. If you’re always in a rush, opt for an aerosol spray.
- Refreshing feeling – just make sure you use a spray in a ventilated space!
- Sprays can be used all over the body – ideal if your personal odor isn’t confined to your pits!
- Ideal for hand luggage when travelling.
- Roll-ons deliver more active ingredient directly to the area in question. This makes them ideal for guys who want to reduce sweating more than simply deodorize.
- It’s yours. Unlike sprays, which can be used by more than one person, nobody ever asks to borrow a roll-on!