Jyoti Group Launch the Obi Worldphone under Starck Tech
Obi Worldphone, the global smartphone company which has been making waves across the world, announced its entry into the Nepal market with the launch of two of its signature smartphones the SF1 and the SJ1.5. Following successful launches in more than ten other international markets it aims to reach out to millennials who want a beautiful, well-designed smartphone devoid of a steep price tag. To turn this into a reality, Obi Worldphone is partnering with Starck Tech, a subsidiary of Nepal’s most prominent business conglomerate “Jyoti Group”. Starck Tech will take these Worldphones to all major towns across Nepal and work extensively to ensure maximum reach and customer satisfaction.
Obi Worldphone SF1 is the company’s flagship 4G/LTE smartphone featuring state-of-the-art photography and audio capabilities. The SF1 has a floating 5-inch display carved out of the sturdy Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 – an instantly recognizable signature element that emphasizes the interplay of the hardware with the user interface. The SF1’s suggested retail price is NPR 21,599 for the 2GB RAM/16GB internal memory version and NPR 26,199 for the 3GB RAM/32GB internal memory variant. The other model SJ1.5 is a 3G smartphone powered by the MediaTek MT6580 Quad-Core processor. The SJ1.5 has an asymmetrical design with a crisp, squared-off top and a curved bottom that gives it a distinctive silhouette.. In addition to featuring easy-access dual SIM slots, the SJ1.5 comes with 16GB of internal storage and a card slot for expansion. The SJ1.5 sports front and rear cameras and is protected by the scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3. The SJ1.5 uses the Android Lollipop operating system and its suggested retail price is NPR 14,799/-. It’s named after another major city from the Silicon Valley, San Jose.
Ankush Chatterjee, Vice President – Global Product Marketing, Obi Worldphone said, “We have challenged ourselves to exceed consumers’ expectations in all markets with our Obi Worldphone range and have overturned misconceptions that stand-out design must come at a steep price. From integrating the very best of technologies through our deep relationships with industry leading partners to designs that have turned heads, Obi Worldphones feel much more than what consumers pay for.”
SJ1.5 Detailed Specifications
- Aesthetics – Polycarbonate body with curved touch panel and dynamic use of color
- Operating System – Android OS version 5.1 Lollipop
- Communication – Easy-access, dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP, GPS and micro USB 2.0
- Primary Camera – 8 megapixels, Automatic Focus powered by Omnivision-OV8865 sensor and flash. f/2.2 aperture
- Secondary Camera – 5 megapixels, f/2.2 aperture
- Networks – GSM/HSPA/3G
- Processor – MediaTek MT6580, 1.3GHz Quad Core processor
- Display – 5” high-definition (720 x 1280 pixels), In-plane switching (IPS) full lamination screen for accurate color at any angle
- Cover Glass – Scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Coating – Anti-fingerprint Oleophobic coating by Top Touch
- Memory –1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage; expandable up to an additional 32GB with micro SD
- Battery – 3,000 milliamp hours (mAh) lithium polymer (Li-Po)
- Sensors – Accelerometer (Gravity), Proximity, ALS (light)
- Price –14,799 NPR
Android Applications Pre-loaded in the SF1 and the SJ1.5
- AccuWeather™ - Provides accurate hourly and minute-by-minute forecasts for any longitude/latitude on Earth and provides customized weather information.
- Clean Master® - The world’s leading smartphone cleaner, optimizer and security app.
- ColorNote® - Quick and simple notepad editing tool for writing notes, memos, e-mails.
- Swiftkey™ - Allows users to type by swiping from one letter to another on a display keyboard to prevent typographical errors and sped typing messages.