TNM’s 14 Date Ideas for V Day in under Rs.1000 – (WEB EXCLUSIVE)
It’s the month of love and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. In case you’re strapped for cash, here are a few ideas that you can use to spend the day together with your partner without emptying out your already empty back account
1. Buy a dual earphone jack splitter and use it together to watch a romantic movie or go on a sitcom marathon over a cup of coffee or momos.
You get to spend time with your partner, have a few laughs and enjoy something to warm you up. To make it more interesting you can make up games where you get to kiss her every time Joey says “How you doin’?” or some other catchphrase that comes up again and again.
Rs. 300 (coffee/momo)
Rs. 500 (earphone jack splitter)
2. Go play hide and seek with each other at the Garden of Dreams or any other park.
Relive your childhood days and enjoy the fun anticipation of playing hide and seek with your closest friend.
Rs.200 (two ticket coupons)
3. Go to the fun park for a day of fun.
Buy cotton candy, get on the Columbus and try not to scream like a little girl.
Rs. 500 (tickets, cotton candy and drinks)
4. Visit the zoo.
The zoo is a great place to hang out when you’re short on cash. You can take selfies in front of the Lovebird cage and write a cute quote when you post it on instagram.
Rs.500 (tickets, peanuts and drinks)
5. Try out karaoke and sing your lungs out.
Sing till they ask you to leave, or till your time runs out.
Rs.450 (per hour)
6. Go for a short hike.
If not for anything else, we are blessed with a beautiful country. Experience it firsthand because the hills are just a stone’s throw away. Pack your own food and drinks to show that you care (and to save money).
Rs.700 (food, drinks, and bus fare)
7. Hire cycles for a ride.
Hire bicycles for the day, ride through the city, visit tourist attractions, work up an appetite and eat street food.
Rs.500 (bike rent)
Rs. 300 (street food)
8. Spend the day playing board games or cards.
Dial back the hands of time and break out the board games that you received throughout your birthdays and bartabandha. Or enjoy a hand of cards, strip flush anyone?
Rs.800 (buy a few beers and order in a pizza or momos)
9. Enjoy a picnic… indoors.
Create an indoor picnic with available props, i.e., picnic tablecloth, paper goods. Share finger foods and favorite treats along with a glass of wine. Spice up “dessert.” Enjoy your picnic on the living room floor or in bed.
Rs. 400 (Hinwa wine, because it gets you nice and tipsy in under Rs500. Doesn’t taste the best though)
10. Go window shopping
You hate going shopping, she loves it. Make a day of it and she’ll enjoy the time you to spend together.
Rs. 600 (You’ll work up an appetite)
11. Buy cheap breads, buns and biscuits and go around feeding street dogs.
You’ll show that you are a kind and generous person, and she will melt in your arms. Unless she hates cute dogs, in which case you’re better off going about it alone.
Rs. 100-500 (breads and buns)
Rs. 200 (bus fare to go around)
12. Visit Jazz Upstairs, get a couple of beers and play foosball or pool.
It’s a nice place to unwind and it’s not mind bogglingly expensive.
Rs.1000 (beers and pork shyafta or pork momo)
13. Attend the last day of the fifth season of the Vagina Monologues,
Tickets cost Rs.300 to Rs.500 (Rs.200 for anyone with a valid student ID). Any profit will go to an organization or individual supporting women in Nepal.
14. Have SEX!
Twice!! Seven times!!
Rs. 240 (Okamoto Condoms)
Rs.200 (Red Bull)
Rs. 100 (Energy biscuits)
Gift ideas that won’t sear a hole in your wallet.
- Create a framed group of photos that put your relationship in chronological order of events, by months or years (depending on how long you’ve been together).
- Make a mix tape with songs that remind you of your girl.
- Give her a nice back rub.
- Write a “Top 10 Reasons Why I Love You” list.
- Present your Valentine IOU coupons: I will make dinner; I will do the dishes; I will clean the kitchen for a week; I will serve you breakfast in bed.
If you’re single:
- Ask a girl out on a date.
- Tinder yourself to oblivion (Note: Tinder is a social networking app, not a euphemism for masturbation)
- Pornhub Premium is free.
- Buy yourself a few beers, sit in front of the television or laptop with your hands down your pants and enjoy the single life.
- Hang out with the guys.